These terms and conditions shall govern the trading relationship between Road Tech Marine ABN 68 159 256 612, A.C.N. 159 256 612 (“Seller”) and its Customer (s) / Buyer (s) / Grantor (s).
All prices quoted in this website include Goods and Services Taxes (GST). At Road Tech Marine, we make every endeavour to maintain prices for the life of our catalogues. However, factors beyond our control (such as changes in foreign currency exchange rates, changes in base material costs etc.) may vary costs and we reserve the right to amend prices accordingly.
At Road Tech Marine we are constantly seeking new products and due to the rapid developments within the marine and electronics industry some products in this catalogue may become obsolete or discontinued during its life. In the event of this happening we apologise for the inconvenience and where possible will substitute a similar product of equal or better quality.
‘CHANGE OF MIND’ RETURNS
Although not obligated to do so, at Road Tech Marine we appreciate that you may have second thoughts about your purchases and will give a ‘Change of Mind’ refund if goods* are returned within 14 days. For ‘Change of Mind’ purchases, goods can only be accepted back for refund or exchange in “as sold” condition including undamaged original packaging, complete instruction books, manuals, accessories, etc. If freight expenses of any type have been incurred, these are not refundable. We regret that any cash, credit card, or EFTPOS refunds over $250 must be refunded by cheque for security reasons. Your Sales Docket must accompany all returns.
*Note: ‘Change of Mind’ refunds do not apply to purchase of books, light globes, batteries, aerosols, chemicals, paints, headphones, some tools, non-Multimeter test equipment, products which are subject to health regulations including portable toilets, and items purchased by the metre such as wire, rope and carpet.
Road Tech Marine warranty period is 3 months from date of purchase, or such longer period as stated in the catalogue. Many products carry one year, two year, five year, or lifetime warranty or may qualify for over-the-counter replacement. These items are identified in the catalogue and website. If any defect in materials or workmanship in product sold by Road Tech Marine is identified and notified to us within the warranty period then we will, at our discretion repair or replace the product. Road Tech Marine does not accept any liability beyond this for consequential loss. Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was caused by defective workmanship or materials and was not caused by or was not substantially contributed to by other factors beyond our control, including (but not limited to) defective installation, maintenance, or repair; alterations or modifications of the product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; or any neglect, misuse or excessive use. The original Sales Docket or cash receipt must accompany warranty claims to provide starting date of the warranty period. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
FREIGHT CHARGES RELATING TO WARRANTY ITEMS
Warranty repairs or replacements of goods is free of charge however freight charges to and from the service department is required to be paid by the customer.
Road Tech Marine is happy to provide account facilities for the following organisations:
• Schools (Government & non-Government), TAFE, Colleges and Universities
• State & Federal Government Depts. including research facilities
• Mining companies
• All other companies, Sole Traders or Partnerships must complete an account application form. Simply write to “The Finance Manager ”, P.O. Box 7172 Silverwater 1811. If you are one of the above you can buy from us on a 30-day EOM account. The invoice will go with the goods or to your accounts payable office (you nominate). Non Payment of monies due will be cause to discontinue supply and to commence recovery procedures.
RECOVERY OF MONIES OWED
In the event that Road Tech Marine needs to recover monies owed then the full balance on the account becomes due and payable and all costs of recovering this money will be borne by the debtor to the extent permitted by law.
If you are professionally engaged in some aspect of the marine or leisure industry on a daily basis, you may qualify for a Road Tech Marine Trade Card. This facility is available in every store including online, to provide you with the opportunity to purchase at special trade prices. Simply call into your local Road Tech Marine and ask the manager or if you are an online customer email us at email@example.com. We can provide you with convenient locations, fantastic service and great prices! (Not available for transactions outside Australia.)
MAIL ORDER & INTERNET PURCHASES
For Mail Order & Internet Purchases special conditions apply:
• Goods – Aerosols, flammable, heavy and bulky items cannot be sent by post.
• Payment – via cheque, money order or credit card (*MasterCard, Visa, American Express *Credit card surcharges may apply.)
• Minimum Order Value – Mail order & Internet purchases have a minimum order value of $10.
• International Orders – Please remember you may have to pay customs and importing charges at your end (if applicable). We cannot supply full customs documentation, but all parcels include required customs dockets. Should you require to return goods for any reason from outside Australia it is essential that customs documentation is included. If customs dockets are not included it can be a costly exercise to have the goods cleared by Customs and the customer must pay this charge. Failure to include customs documentation may result in long delays. Note: Road Tech Marine cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the suitability of any product for use outside Australia, nor its compliance with local regulations.
• Freight – Various freight options and rates are given on the order form. After selecting the freight option that suits you, please clearly mark it and add these additional changes to the total on your order. Goods cannot be delivered to a post office box via road or air courier service.
• Missing or Damaged Goods – We’ve found road and air transportation equally as reliable. However it must be emphasised that our responsibility for the goods ceases when the goods are handed over to the nominated carrier. Risk on the goods passes to you when the goods leave our warehouse. Our order form allows you to elect to have goods insured against loss in transit at your cost – otherwise loss of goods in transit is at your own risk. All claims for missing and damaged goods in transit must be lodged with the carrier or local Post Office. If goods have been insured please contact Road Tech Marine
• Insurance – If you wish to insure, insurance will cost you 1% of the value of the goods and we are happy to arrange it on your behalf. This insurance covers goods DAMAGED in transit. If you order by phone you will be asked if you wish us to insure on your behalf. Insurance will cost $1 for every $100 value or part thereof eg. If your order is for $145 the insurance will be $2. (Note: Some items such as solar panels etc. are difficult to ship and have a higher insurance fee of $7.50 per $500.) If you do not wish to insure a statement saying ‘Insurance Declined’ will appear on the order. If you post an order don’t forget to consider insurance. We do not automatically issue insurance
unless you specify. If you don’t mention insurance you will NOT be insured.
• Out of Stock Items – items under $10 are not back ordered. Please re-order once item(s) are in stock.
• Order Acceptance Policy – Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. RTM reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to cancel your order in full, or part of your order, for any reason. Reasons for cancelling include but are not limited to an error in the price or the product description posted, product availability or if your order has breached our terms and conditions. If your order has been cancelled we will contact you within a reasonable time frame.
STORE LOCATIONS AND HOURS
For new stores and current trading hours visit the stores page on our website www.roadtechmarine.com.au/dealing-with-rtm-instore
As an Australian registered company, RTM is bound by the current Privacy Act, any amendments and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within that Act. All employees and officers of RTM are required to comply with the Act and this Privacy Statement. RTM has a Privacy Act Procedure which can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information or opinions which are collected, held, used or disclosed by RTM about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, will be protected by the standards outlined in this Statement. To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
• Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information
• Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it
• Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes
• Collect sensitive information only with the individual’s consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual’s consent or where we are required to do so by law
• Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law
• Ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
• Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
• Provide individuals access to their personal information on request, and
• Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain relevance.
RTM recognises and respects the importance of each individual’s privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by RTM is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
What do we use personal information for?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry, transaction or application for employment. This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Company Group, or to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with our documented procedure.
RTM is bound by the information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
How to Contact us
For further information contact us on
or alternatively you can write to Privacy Officer, Road Tech Marine PO Box 7172 Silverwater NSW 1811.
For wholesale enquiries, please call (02) 8832 3300, email email@example.com
or mail Road Tech Marine, Wholesale Department, P.O. Box 7172 Silverwater NSW 1811.